#44 AONDREA MAYNARD
To see the work of Bay Area artist Aondrea Maynard is to experience a world nestled somewhere between the ethereal and the nearly tangible, a space that is almost recognizable but not quite, like a just-forgotten dream. Join us and she and Nicholas dive into the inspirations and meaning of her work, her path to success as a professional artist, and her thoughts on what it takes to create meaningful, lasting art.
Highlights from the interview:
• For Aondrea, the surface of life is not that satisfying. She needs to find a place of comfort, a sanctuary. Sharing her work invites others to drop in there, too.
• She feels there is a relationship in nature—an intimacy, a sublime, deep and pure feeling. The presence of something.
• Sometimes she doesn’t know what a body of work is about until she is finished with it.
• When you let the materials be themselves, it mimics nature.
• Her process is completely intuitive—with colors, subject, what is she drawn to and inspired by. Often, her art mirrors what is happening in her personal life.
• Her work is her own teacher and is part of her own healing. It shows her parts of herself she didn’t even know existed.
We strongly recommend you continue the journey started with this interview and explore Aondrea’s work with the links below. Also be certain to check out the gallery of her paintings we’ve put together for you.
Aondrea is also the founder of the Art Spa SF, a creative space dedicated to providing artistically rejuvenating workshops and mentorship opportunities. Come get your glow on!
*Please note that guest presenters are not necessarily Academy members available for commenting.