#44 AONDREA MAYNARD
To see the work of Bay Area artist Aondrea Maynard is to experience a world nestled somewhere between the ethereal and the nearly tangible, a space that is almost recognizable but not quite, like a just-forgotten dream. Join us and she and Nicholas dive into the inspirations and meaning of her work, her path to success as a professional artist, and her thoughts on what it takes to create meaningful, lasting art.
Highlights from the interview:
• For Aondrea, the surface of life is not that satisfying. She needs to find a place of comfort, a sanctuary. Sharing her work invites others to drop in there, too.
• She feels there is a relationship in nature—an intimacy, a sublime, deep and pure feeling. The presence of something.
• Sometimes she doesn’t know what a body of work is about until she is finished with it.
• When you let the materials be themselves, it mimics nature.
• Her process is completely intuitive—with colors, subject, what is she drawn to and inspired by. Often, her art mirrors what is happening in her personal life.
• Her work is her own teacher and is part of her own healing. It shows her parts of herself she didn’t even know existed.
Please click here to watch our video walkthrough on how to download the audio and transcripts for all Academy materials.
We strongly recommend you continue the journey started with this interview and explore Aondrea’s work with the links below. Also be certain to check out the gallery of her paintings we’ve put together for you.
Aondrea is also the founder of the Art Spa SF, a creative space dedicated to providing artistically rejuvenating workshops and mentorship opportunities. Come get your glow on!
The Art Spa Sf. Website: http://www.theartspasf.com/
The Art Spa Sf Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/
*Please note that guest presenters are not necessarily Academy members available for commenting.
What an uplifting and joyful interview. Aondrea expressed so beautifully how she approaches her art and has reminded me that I need to relaxl into the experience more and let my art show me where it needs to go.
Loved this interview! I feel very much like she describes and am finding my way to ‘how’ to bring it to life in form (aka panels) . I love the line “compose rather than control”… Thank you.
Awesome interview! Now I want to go to my studio and paint. I also want to take the benefits of meditation more seriously and do more if it! What a lovely person!
Thank you both SO much for this GORGEOUS interview! x
I LOVE Aondrea’s advice that we should: ‘Listen to the beckoning’ and that we should: ‘Do it for the pleasure’ and ‘let the pleasure lead you’.
Beautiful work, beautiful engaging talk. Feeling INSPIRED!!!
Just loved the ethereal quality of Aondrea and her work.
100% related to her comment “wow… I made that”….
What a beautiful, soulful interview… ThanQ both!!!!
This interview was so inspiring and enlightening! I feel like Aondrea has been inside my head and articulated some of the thoughts and feelings I’ve had, but some I haven’t been able to express. I haven’t painted in a couple of weeks and am heading into my studio right now! Thank you so much, Nicholas & Aondrea!
Loved this interview! Thank you.
Uplifting, enriching, instructive conversation. Thank you. I so enjoy listening to these while I am working in my studio. “Engaging with the mystery”….YES!!!
Deeply inspiring, thanks