LIVE Q+A #6
Tuesday, Jan 17th
Mystery and Metaphor
“The job of an artist is always to deepen the mystery.” —Francis Bacon
Bringing Soul into our art is what makes it unique, authentic, personal and powerful. To bring Soul into our work often requires us to be aware. Being aware of how we feel when we are creating work can also bring enormous insight and parallels to how we are living our lives. And, the reverse is also true. The more we are aware of what is going on in our life—what is going on inside of us—the more we can know who we are and bring it back to our art.
In this live Q & A call, we will discuss:
- How being ourselves makes us better and makes our work better
- How asking the right questions leads to better answers, both for our work and our lives
- How being aware of how we feel can guide authentic and powerful work
- New ways to move forward with our work, cultivating meaning and authenticity
WATCH THE RECORDING OF THE CALL
Detail, “Reckless Girl”, by Susan Melrath
Be sure to download the PDF of all the Academy member’s Instagram Accounts!
DOWNLOAD THE MATERIALS FROM THE CALL
- The Group Call PDF click here
LISTEN TO THE AUDIO
READ THE TRANSCRIPT
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Do you have practices that contribute to the cultivation of meaning and mystery in your life?
What metaphors do you see or explore in your art?