Inspiration #37: Robert McPartland
Wednesday, August 21st, 2019
In this month’s Inspiration Interview we will talk with artist Robert McPartland. Robert’s paintings explore the ever-present beauty that can often be overlooked in everyday life. Robert enjoys telling stories through objects and their relationships with colour, light and space. Inspired by Zen philosophy, his paintings often have an ethereal sense of balance and clarity, which give the viewer space to find their own meaning. Join in to hear about this thoughtful and insightful artist.
Highlights from the interview:
• Robert’s transition into art, his techniques and the path of his art.
• Robert’s work is informed by Eastern philosophy—an aesthetic of things being pared down.
• The arrangement of the elements—how you present them elevates the work and removes them from the mundane.
• In a painting you get to a point where it “is looking back at you”. It has a presence.
• What we are ultimately doing is painting ourselves. Our true nature comes through.
Be certain to check out Robert’s website, which you can do by clicking here.
DOWNLOAD THE TRANSCRIPT
LISTEN TO THE AUDIO
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What is one thought or feeling you want to come through in your art?